What’s on in London in June
London Weather in June
June is historically a lovely and warm month in London with temperatures reaching 22ºC (71ºF) during the day and hovering around 12ºC (53ºF) at night. June days are typically sunny and bright but, as usual with London, you can expect a smattering of showers so always have an umbrella on hand. Because the weather is so mild, June is one of the best time of the year to explore the UK’s capital!
What’s on in London in June
- State Opening of Parliament – The Queen and Big Ben represent two of London’s most recognizable figures so the Queen’s annual ceremonial trip to open Parliament should not be missed! Join spectators on The Mall to watch the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh travel in their ornate coach from Buckingham Palace to the Palace of Westminster.
- Hampton Court Palace Festival – Experience a proper British festival set against a beautiful palatial backdrop at the Hampton Court Palace Festival. Although this showcase of legendary musical talent is not as mental as the infamous Glastonbury, it provides a family friendly day out for those wishing to picnic with a bit of atmosphere. The Festival runs from June 11th- June 19th and tickets range from £45-50 per concert.
- Trooping the Colour – On June 13th, the Queen’s official birthday, the Queen will lead an annual military parade from Buckingham Palace to Horse Guard’s Parade. Come say happy birthday to one of the longest serving monarchs in British history!
- Royal Ascot Horse Racing – Join commoners and royals alike to take part in the Queen’s favourite sport, horse racing! The races take place from June 16th through 20th.
- Taste of London in Regent’s Park – Calling all Foodies! From June 17th to June 21st Regent’s Park will host over 40 food stalls featuring some of London’s best and most recognizable restaurants. Create your own taster menu by sampling new dishes by the Capital’s various skilled chefs – many of these dishes are not even available in restaurants yet!
- Father’s Day in London– From football to urban golf to the latest BBQ restaurant, London is the perfect place to celebrate Father’s Day on June 21st.
- Pride London– On June 27th London’s Trafalgar Square turns into a vibrant celebration of London’s gay community. The annual Pride Parade will start at 1pm at Baker Street and run along Oxford Street, Regent Street and through Piccadilly Circus before ending in Trafalgar Square.
June 2015: Special Events
London is in for a treat on June 22nd as Fleetwood Mac is coming to the O2 arena! The rock band will descend upon the Capital on June 22nd for a night or rockin’ and rollin’. The entire band has come back together after breaking up some time ago and will be playing to what is sure to be a sold out audience. THe O2 arena is located at the North Greenwich tube stop and is a magnificent place to see a concert. The iconic tent-like building is full of trendy bars, cool restaurants and funky nightclubs meaning your night does not have to start and end with the Mac! Tickets to this special event can be purchased via Ticketmaster and will cost between £50-£125.